Post by lennyreid on Mar 17, 2015 11:59:00 GMT -5
Humanity's last hope isn't human.
"It's like Boyhood with a robot." - Nick Scalia, Talking Movies
Neil Blomkamp puts humanity, parenthood, and the evolving conversation on drone warfare and AI under the microscope for another romp around Johannesburg. Brian, Nick, and the returning Chris, see more and learn more about Chappie.
What did you think?
How was Sharlto Copley's motion capture performance for you?
What did you think of Die Antwoord's first major motion picture performance?
Hugh Jackman's mullet?
Post by rgsc on Mar 22, 2015 8:23:28 GMT -5
Looking forward to listening to this podcast. Saw the film last night.
I went into the movie cold, knowing only who it was directed by and that it had something to do with a robot.
It is a lot more raw than trailer #1 posted here made it out to be (Trailer #2 gives a better sense of that side). The film was very visceral, although the heart shown in this trailer is certainly present.
I chuckled to myself when I saw the Die Antwoord crew, figuring they would come to an early & untimely end. I was really surprised to come to the realization that they played such vital roles in the film. Ninja was good, fully inhabiting the character he has cultivated (I have a tough time distinguishing what is his persona and what he might actually be like in real life) but I was so impressed with Yolandi Visser who could not just rely on caricature but had to demonstrate real emotion. There was so much heart in her performance.
Blomkamp did an amazing job at creating empathy for Chappie almost immediately. The writing - and motion-captured acting - drew me right in and made me feel so strongly for him.
Chappie, I think, is the strongest NB film to date. It has been a while since I’ve seen District 9 (saw it in theatres & not since) and, while I thought it was quite good, I recall it having some third-act issues. Elysium was beautiful but rather forgettable and riddled with some pretty significant plot holes. Chappie does cover a fair amount of similar thematic territory to the first two but, ultimately I think it was its own story, providing an interesting examination the issue of what it means to be human etc., even if these have been examined by other films.
Oh, & Jackman's mullet was a thing of beauty
Post by rgsc on Mar 22, 2015 11:16:28 GMT -5
Just chiming in to say that I have listened to the show (my first TM) & really enjoyed hearing your takes on the movie. While I think I landed closer to Chris in my enjoyment of it, you all make some very good points about the weaknesses of the film. In the end, I did like it but you are correct that - with a thorough edit - it could have been really tightened up and perhaps been great instead of just good (although popular consensus doesn't even seem to think it is *good* - it is being pilloried by critics according to Rotten Tomatoes).
Post by lennyreid on Mar 23, 2015 5:23:59 GMT -5
I haven't seen it myself yet and I'm a little disheartened to see how much criticism Chappie is getting. I think a lot of people expect too much of Blomkamp - and directors in general - and view all movies through the Godfather Prism. Blomkamp makes great looking films with a clear love of the medium, but it his storytelling is very 'on-the-nose' and a little heavy-handed. There is nothing wrong with that though. Not every director can be great at every aspect of film-making.rgsc
Great to hear that Die Antwoord did alright. I've heard a lot of good things about Yolandi Visser in particular.
Feel free to add any alternative trailers in here too. I'm not attached to the Podcast, I'm just a big fan of it. I was hoping to get the conversation going on each film in the podcast. There is always a lot to talk about for film fans whether they have seen the movie or not.
All hail Jackman's Mullet.
Post by EllNita on Oct 18, 2019 11:05:21 GMT -5
Tablet Product Buy Viagra Usa Levitra Affitto <a href=http://ciali40mg.com>cialis vs viagra</a> Ciprofloxacin Et Alcool Priligy Farmacia
Post by contactuhvtsr on Dec 21, 2021 4:41:00 GMT -5
I'm happy to welcome you!
Newsletters via follow-up forms to the sites of firms via any countries and domain zones of the world.
website =» xn----7sbb1bbndheurc1a.xn--p1ai
WHAT IS THE MAILING OF WEBSITES BY CONTACT FORMS?
This is a type of mailing using the feedback forms that are located in the feedback section of the website and filled by our robot in a preset mode with a rate of a few thousand feedback forms per minute, while the alphabetic and numeric code from the pictures (captcha) is also solved.
After that, the e-mails including your commercial offers are sent to the electronic addresses of firms.
When sending mailing by contact contact forms, it turns out that each website sends an e-mail to its own e-mail and, therefore, all letters arrive in the inbox of the exact email in which the business receives the correspondent emails.
Unique Trade Offer:
Fast 100% notification of organisations and website owners about new offers.
Search of new customers that other types of advertisements cannot find.
THE MAIN AIM:
Finding customers that cannot be found through other advertisements.
1.100% delivery of business letters.
2.Expansion of the customer database.
3. Increase of the market share.
4.Mailings based on regionality and topics.
5. Sending letters to company officials.
6. Conducting tenders and studying demand.
7. Conducting marketing research.
8. Studying public opinion and conducting surveys.
9. High-speed notification.
11. Entering the international markets.
1.When sending mailing by contact forms, all messages arrive in the inbox. When sending e-mail newsletters, this can reach up to 5%.
2.When sending mailing by contact forms it is possible to send a few million messages per day to inbox folders. When sending bulk e-mails a few thousands arrive in the inboxes, all the rest often either do not reach or arrive in the junk folder.
3. When sending mailing by feedback forms an e-mail does not get blocked by mail systems because it is sent from different websites. When sending e-newsletters it is possible to send a few thousands of those but nevertheless all the IP addresses from which the mailing is sent will be in "BAN".
4. When sending mailing by contact forms the minimum of macro-synonims is used to form headings and text of the letter. When sending e-mail newsletters, it is necessary to use «macros» (synonyms) for each word and create thousands various headings.
5. Many companies try to hide their mailbox and only leave a contact form for contacting with them.
6. When sending mass e-mails, your cooperation offer can be delivered to every employee of the firm, (which causes irritation) compared to mailing by contact forms where the message is received at the electronic address specifically set up for commercial offers.
7.1/2 part of corporate mailboxes are placed on free e-mail servers, they are badly "searchable" by e-mail address, but when sending mailing by contact forms through these e-mail servers, all letters are 100% delivered to the recipients.
8. Only 30%-40% of organisations get into the directories within several years, and the rest are already located in our WHOIS databases and are waiting for your cooperation offers.
It turns out that that emails of companies from directories are filled with spam, and therefore they will not have such profit as when sending mailing by feedback forms using our the newest WHOIS databases.
9. Any kind of stop words in the body or headings of the letter can be sent through contact forms. When sending e-newsletters, such letters either do not reach the recipient or arrive in a spam folder.
The list of stop words of mails includes almost all words and phrases that encourage potential customers to take actions.
1. Expanding the customer base.
2. Quick notification of marketplaces about new business offers.
3. Informing company officials.
5. Conducting tenders.
6.Conducting marketing campaigns.
7.Conducting surveys and studying public opinion.
8. Searching for clients in international markets.
Reasons for ordering this service:
1. 100-percent delivery of your e-mails and cooperation offers to millions of companies around all countries in the world.
Every website sends a e-mail to itself so all filters of mail systems are bypassed.
2.Mailing by feedback forms is an excellent way in for conducting different marketing researches, studies and surveys of social opinion on any kind ofdirection and type of activity.
When sending mailing by contact forms, you will be sure that your message has been delivered to 100% of consumers of your product and service and if a product or service is "poorly promoted", then the potential issue lies in in something else, for example in cost.
At the same time, within 7 days you will see real demand for your own products and services, you will not have to spend money on renting an office and other more expensive and time-consuming marketing activities.
3.Mailing by contact forms is the most economical and quickest way to get your service or product to the markets of other states.
4. Mailing by contact forms is a tool for conducting different tenders.
5.Daily update of the database, as more than 150,000 new sites, appear all over the globe daily, and you, in turn, get potentially new clients.
6. Full geographical scope for all countries of the globe.
7. We offer clients that are not available through other advertisement.
When sending mailing by contact forms, you will be able to reach out that part of your clients, that are impossible to find in automatic mode in any other way.
For instance, you will be able to send a commercial offer to those potential customers that were earlier unavailable due to filters of mail systems while sending e-newsletters.
In reality, there is a unusual situation: firms that got into the directories are literally filled with spam with all sorts of cooperation offers while very little e-mails are sent to the remaining ones.
8. Unique technology of decoding the captcha.
There are special services for decoding numeric and alphabetic code (captcha/CAPTCHA). It costs 1 dollar to solve 1000 CAPTCHAs.
It follows from this that, processing 1 million sites the robot solves one million captchas, which costs 1000 $ only to solve captcha/CAPTCHA, and we provide this free of charge for you!
9. By ordering mailing by contact forms, you are promoting your service or product not to separate people, but to entire organisations, for instance domain .com, where more than 150 million cooperational organisations from all countries are accumulated (we have samples of them from international zones for every country).
10. Mailing by feedback forms also includes a type of SMS mailing
Mailbox that is linked to the contact form is the primary mailbox of companies through which applications and business offers are sent. This e-mail is also set up for cell phones as it is necessary to respond to the messages very fast so as not to lose the order or the relevance of the commercial offer.
11. The database of countries also includes all joint organisations from all countries working with or closely related to this country, for instance, diasporas and national communities.
Sanctions of mail systems and search engines?
These mailings are an alternative to sending e-mail newsletters, therefore search sanctions and "BAN" do not apply to them.
Mail delivers the data of letters to the inbox folder, as it passes through the "warm communication channel" from the new IP address of the website to the corporate email of the same site.
In other words, these mailings "live in letters" and filters of mail systems do not react to them, because mails have great trust in communication channels between internet resources and corporate electronic addresses.
You can buy our databases separately from the mailing by sending us a request by contact form.
MORE THAN TWO THOUSAND WHOIS DATABASES BY DOMAINS AND COUNTRIES OF THE WHOLE WORLD.
SELECTIONS OF DATABASES BY THE MAIN CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD.
SELECTIONS OF DATABASES BY THE MAIN LANGUAGES.
SELECTIONS OF DATABASES BY THE MAIN CMS.
SELECTIONS BY THE MAIN COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD.
HOW TO MAKE AN PROMOTIONAL OFFER FOR MAILING BY CONTACT FORMS:
The simplest text of the message + a few headings, the main goal is to interest the client, and they will read the rest on your internet resource.
Most likely, all ads on your subject are already on the Internet, enter the necessary search requests and choose the most interesting ones.
The headings are substituted replacing each other from .txt file.
Only messages in the text form are sent, links are inserted without problems, they are active. If the potential customer needs pictures or more detailed information, then you should forward the potential customer to visit your site.
In the letter:
Text without pictures, since pictures do not pass through the feedback form.
Your contact details:
Internet resource address:
Fields to fill in:
Electronic address for autoresponces:
website =» xn----7sbb1bbndheurc1a.xn--p1ai
Price List =» xn----7sbb1bbndheurc1a.xn--p1ai/en/price/