Post by sammiecassell on Nov 9, 2014 12:11:16 GMT -5
1. Sons of Anarchy-may be my favorite show ever....or at least top 5 there 2. Walking Dead-man what a blast this has been this year 3. American Horror Story- YEP Freak Show has been freaky, and in my book the best season so far 4. Top Chef-sigh, I'm such a foodie, and not-so-secretly in love with Gail Simmons 5. Hell on Wheels-AMCs forgotten show, but wow is it good
HM-the Blacklist(pre-Ultron Spader is awesome) Town of the Living Dead (as someone who just participated in a zombie movie, I can't quit laughing at this bunch) Stalker (started a little slow, but starting to really like this show)
"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy,shall possess the power of Thor"
well damn, I guess Boardwalk Empire just misses the cut, eh? If only you'd asked me a month ago, 'cause man, that fucking show, goddamn.
So, current and ongoing, in no particular order:
Adventure Time The Daily Show The Colbert Report (though it's only got a month or so left) Last Week Tonight With John Oliver Bob's Burgers Archer Agents of Shield True Detective (assuming the second season is at least half-as-good as the first) Girls Robot Chicken Rick & Morty Veep Silicon Valley Episodes The Knick Penny Dreadful Austin City Limits NOVA Nature Drunk History Game of Thrones The Legend of Korra
. . that's five, right? Let's just call that five with a bunch of ties
Post by iamasianbatgirl on Nov 10, 2014 19:12:16 GMT -5
So these are the shows I look forward to watching most every week. Since I can't watch these when they air, my list was based on which shows I stream first when they become available on the Interwebs.
1) The Legend of Korra - incredible animation, riveting and smart plot, LOVEABLE characters, and banter and sass galore. 2) Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Can't believe how much I like this show because I never liked Andy Samberg 3) The Flash - Never doubted this was going to be an amazing show. So glad it went beyond expectations. 4) Marvel: Agents of SHIELD - Okay, this show really stepped up its game since their post-Winter Soldier episode. 5) Jane the Virgin - Any genre, right? This show is a hilarious take on the melodrama of telenovelas. It's over the top but still very heart-warming.
5) About a Boy, guilty pleasure, but nothing tugs at the heartstrings like a thirty-something boy becoming a man 4) Hemlock Grove, do Netflix shows count? Are they "on" right now? 3) Arrow, I can't believe a CW show makes this list 2) True Detective, despite the lackluster 1st season finale
1) Parenthood. Just really solid writing and acting
Post by CaptainSuperior on Nov 25, 2014 20:01:02 GMT -5
If we are discussing shows that are currently running in this Fall/Winter season, then I can only come up with 4.
1. Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain 2. The Newsroom 3. The Blacklist 4. The Walking Dead
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.